Friday, July 26, 2013

Long Island Fun


This summer I went to Long Island for a nature related vacation and had a great time. We were visting our grandparents for the weekend. There house was right near the bay/sound so we went swimming, tubing, and kayaking. Sitting on the sand, after a long time of swimming, splashing and other water related activites, I searched the sky for the FASCINATING osprey to fly across the treetops. My grandmother got me this bird watching book where there are all these stickers with pictures of birds on them, so when you saw the bird you would take the sticker of put it on the page with its name on it then write when and where you saw it. Also, there was a spot to put some observations about the bird and what it was doing. One of my observations for the osprey was: This elegant bird was gliding and flapping its huge downy wings, propeling itself forward in the air. If any of you are interested in this book it is called: Beginning Birdwatcher's Book-by Sy Barlowe.
Birdwatching is enjoyable and a very fun hobby. I hope you all try it one time and enjoy those flying, amazing, and FASCINATING creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment