Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Zoo Trip

Zoo trips are always fun! So of course, this time was too! My cousin, sister, grandmother, and I all piled in the car and drove the long, but totally worth it ride to the zoo. When we got to the zoo, we headed straight to the animals! First, we saw the spider monkey along with a dark haired one that I'm not so sure of the name. They were gripping their big and long branches, swinging and swinging through the treetops. I loved going into the reptiles and amphibians exhibit and seeing all the FASCINATING creatures that I definitely wouldn't want to see anywhere else. I also like the place where they tell you about a specific animal and this time it was some type of turtle. I learned that one type sleeps 16 hours a day! We trudged along for quite a while, ate, and soon entered Bear Country, where we saw the sloth bear that was sitting happily and the polar bear that was sleeping and sleeping, not swimming in the water which was what we all wanted it to do. My sister desperately wanted to see the aardvarks so we walked over to the Small Mammal House. We saw the adorable aardvarks snoozing, while cuddled up close together. I learned that they are nocturnal so that was why they were sleeping. We ended our zoo day with a delicious, satisfying, soft serve ice cream each and headed home. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment