Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Monitors


Monitors live in Africa, Asia, Austrailla, and the Pacific Islands. They can be very small, 8 inches [20cm]. Monitors have quite thick skin and tails used for whipping. Their tongues fly out of their mouthes so they can taste the air for air for chemical signals. Those signals tell them where there is food, possible female monitor "mate", or predators. A related lizard to the monitor is the Lacterid. The crocodile monitor is very active at night and spends most of it's time in water.

8 comments:

  1. I hope I never see one of these near my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please ask your parents if you can have one of these animals as a pet. Pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you Ever Seen One of these Before? They Look Really Scary! But Really Cool! I Love your Article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no i have not seen a monitor before! it would be cool and very scary!

      Delete
  4. This Article was so amazing! You helped me so much on my school project! Thank yo kids in P.A!! Can you possibly write an article on a bald Eagle next??

    ReplyDelete